Do you dream about getting out of your beloved yoga studio, strapping your yoga mat on to the back of a gorgeous, sleek, 16-foot sea kayak and heading out to a beautiful place to practice your favourite yoga style outdoors with a great teacher?
Yeah! Me too!
Even if you've never done yoga or paddled a kayak before, you'll be able to join in and enjoy the ride. Learning, growing, sharing, and having fun are the main objectives here.
Join me as I endeavor to put this together for you.
Here's the plan for Paddle to Yoga
* Pick a picturesque location: Gananoque, Ontario, Canada
* Yoga studios: Pick a date to paddle to yoga in the 1000 Islands anytime from September to the end of October 2011 and bring your class (Morning, afternoon, or full day of paddling and yoga)
* I'll get the best kayaking company in Canada with certified and experienced guides to supply you with sea kayaks, paddle gear, and passage to a beautiful yoga retreat center on an island in the 1000 Islands to practice with your class for a group price. Minimum 8 people, maximum 20.
* You'll get a brief intro to paddle techniques and water safety before launch
* Paddle one hour to the practice point
* Practice yoga for 1 1/2 hours (or whatever timeframe you choose - you're the teacher) with your class on the waterfront (indoors or outside)
* After class, take some time to enjoy a refreshing healthy snack and organic tea, revel in the stunning 1000 Islands scenery, and chat with your yoga paddle mates
* Paddle one hour back to launch
* With the option to freshen up and head off to a fantastic lunch or dinner in a charming Gananoque eatery (depending on whether you have chosen a morning practice session or an afternoon practice session)
Accommodation choices for people who want to stay longer
* Local hotels, B&Bs, or resorts
Package deals may be arranged for:
* Group discounts on accommodations and restaurants
* Discounts on other local activities
Rain or Shine Guarantees
- In the case of heavy rain or wind, Paddle to Yoga will still go on in a specially selected protected location
Wishing you the happiest paddle and yoga trails