Pier along my beach cycle path, barrier islands, Florida


I don't have much to say about this photo. The day left me speechless. Not a cloud in the sky. Sunny, warm. A lucky winter day in Florida. Winter is not always warm in Florida, but always much warmer than Canada The water was calm on the ocean. Perfect for kayaking or paddle boarding.

And I was riding a bike on the beach? A perfect day for paddling, but when we travel, we don't always have our awesome sea kayaks with us and arranging to rent sea kayaks is a lot more work and expense than renting a bicycle.

I found it's really not a good idea to cycle on the beach. The sand kicks up and gets into all the gears. Not good at all for a bicycle and it's not easy at all if the sand is wet. Salt water and sand is not good for gears. You have to hose it all off after the ride. At the time, I was the only one doing it  Now I know why. Better to bike the trails?

See my other posts:
Biking the Barrier Islands, Florida
Cycling one of America's beautiful beaches-Fort de Soto Florida
Paddler, winter cross-country training. What burns more calories?
Sunscreen your kayak! Cycling on Florida's beaches

Happy trails!
The Baffin Paddler




Comments

Popular Posts

Poison Ivy and Your Pet!

One cigarette butt contaminates up to 50 liters of water

The magic of camping and kayaking at Bon Echo Provincial Park, Mazinaw Rock, Ontario, Canada! Get your bug suit on!

Cycling one of America's most beautiful beaches: Fort De Soto Park, Florida

Does my Ironman Tremblant T-shirt make me look fat?