Ok bird, you're the boss: Cycle to yoga on the Deschenes Rapids, Aylmer, Quebec

To spring paddle or not to spring paddle? That is the question.

In a Canadian spring clime I have to think twice about hauling out all the kayaking gear I need to paddle cold water so . . . the bike gets more action at this time of year.

The legs don't get much work in a kayak, so it's their time to play in spring. Biking is awesome at this time of year. Fewer people on the paths. Cooler temps.

I cycled to a pretty cool place to do some outdoor yoga along the shoreline of the Deschenes Rapids with views of some dam ruins, if you can call them views. They are really dangerous industrial decay that they don't know what to do with in Aylmer, Quebec, Canada. The rapids are extremely dangerous here. Not for paddling or swimming but spectacular to view from a safe spot.
I wanted to climb up on a piece of rock, actually dam ruins along the shore, to strike a few yoga poses and stretch out.
But the gulls rule here. The sentries said, "HEY. It's our rock!"

So I said, "Ok. I'll back off."

I had to be happy with a smaller rock. It was so much easier. And a lot safer. Easy feels good. Safe is better. Sea gulls are wise. And you can't do standing poses looking at moving water.
The spring forest path seemed a bit bleak.
But I changed my mind. There is proof where the sun shines.
Early spring is my least favorite time of year. I don't know what to do with it or what to make of it.

I am thinking of that first spring paddle. Where will it be?

Happy trails.
Stay warm and safe.
The BaffinPaddler

Comments

Popular Posts

Poison Ivy and Your Pet!

One cigarette butt contaminates up to 50 liters of water

The magic of camping and kayaking at Bon Echo Provincial Park, Mazinaw Rock, Ontario, Canada! Get your bug suit on!

Cycling one of America's most beautiful beaches: Fort De Soto Park, Florida

Does my Ironman Tremblant T-shirt make me look fat?