More of the same?
Red and yellow.
Images, paddle location, and trip details:
- Madawaska River, Ontario, Canada
- Burnstown Beach to Calabogie
- 12.5 km paddle each way
- Current flows from Calabogie towards Burnstown
- If you launch from the Burnstown beach boat launch (very kayak friendly, lots of parking, and a small fee to pay), you are paddling against the current.
- Current strength varies depending on time of year and the upstream dam at Calabogie.
- From Burnstown - West-southwest heading out. From Calabogie - East-northeast heading back to Burnstown. Not complicated to navigate.
- Wind direction tends to change every 15 minutes on windy days in each direction - you'll have a headwind, crosswind, and tailwind both ways - ENJOY!
Fall peaks in Gatineau Park, Quebec. Colours and cold water!