Persistent Perch's babies

I promise I won't do this to you very often . . . post an image of newborn fish. You might find it dull.

But how often do you meet the mother fish while kayaking and testing your gear in a lake, and a few weeks later in the same spot, meet the babies she was protecting when they were still eggs.

This is pretty cool. It warms the heart.

I just met Persistent Perch's babies. I'm pretty sure. Another wonder of spending time and taking your time with your kayak.

A first for me. Wonders never cease. Simple and grand. That's nature. We should protect it better.

Some discussion ensues on the fish type: Perch, Large Mouth Bass, or Walleye.


Who is Persistent Perch? Here's the story here:

Persistent Perch: Fishing with some pretty strange bait!

Happy paddles!
The BaffinPaddler

Comments

  1. What a sweet ending; see it wasn't a mean perch but a protective parent - with cute offspring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing hundreds of little baby fish in the same spot the mother fish was protecting just a few weeks earlier pretty much confirmed the fish's behaviour. How cool. I didn't know lake fish did that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Poison Ivy and Your Pet!

One cigarette butt contaminates up to 50 liters of water

The magic of camping and kayaking at Bon Echo Provincial Park, Mazinaw Rock, Ontario, Canada! Get your bug suit on!

Cycling one of America's most beautiful beaches: Fort De Soto Park, Florida

Does my Ironman Tremblant T-shirt make me look fat?