Sunscreen your kayak


It's motivating to sunscreen your kayak before a trip, whether it is plastic or fibreglass. I have one of each. For me, it's the only way to get motivated, otherwise I keep putting it off. And I know on a trip, the kayak is going to spend a lot more time in the hot sun. But, it's important to do it properly. There are several different brands of product to sunscreen and protect your kayak. I used Aerospace 303.
The kayak also looks beautiful after a proper cleaning and treatment, sometimes even showroom ready. And, I feel better when I'm tripping knowing I've given it some sun protection. It also reminds me to bring my human sunscreen too.

Here's a link to my article on sunscreening your kayak and how to do it properly according to the manufacturer's instructions.

Sunscreen your kayak! 303 Aerospace Protectant. Time to think about it

Happy paddles!
The BaffinPaddlr

Comments

Popular Posts

Poison Ivy and Your Pet!

One cigarette butt contaminates up to 50 liters of water

The magic of camping and kayaking at Bon Echo Provincial Park, Mazinaw Rock, Ontario, Canada! Get your bug suit on!

Cycling one of America's most beautiful beaches: Fort De Soto Park, Florida

Does my Ironman Tremblant T-shirt make me look fat?