A small family of Canadian geese swam into the scene while we were shooting the video to see what was up and seemed to wonder if I needed help. How awesome is that!
Just remember to always secure the front tab of your spray skirt before you scramble up the back of the kayak or it will get caught between your legs and make it more difficult to get your spray skirt back on quickly once you make it into the cockpit.
You'll see in the video that I hold on to my spray skirt tab with my teeth (in a clean lake), or secure it with a quick release clip on the shoulder of my PFD.
Come on. You can do it! It's not that difficult.
I Cowboy Scrambled 10 times up the Wilderness Systems Tsunami 165 sea kayak because the camera guy kept saying, "Could you do that again. We need lots of takes to make sure we get a good one."
For more Cowboy Scrambling up different sea kayak models see:
- Cowboy Scramble up the awesome Wilderness Systems Tempest 165 Pro
- Wrestling my big yellow alligator: Cowboy Scramble up the Boreal Baffin in Canada's cold waters
- Cowboy Scramble up the Maelstrom Vital 166 - Find its sweet spot!
- Video shot and edited by Jeremy Cherpit.
- Thanks to Ottawa Paddle Shack-Trailhead for letting me test the Wilderness Systems Tsunami 165